Sunday 27 January 2008

CHINESE NEW YEAR FEVER...

Wow I'm really in the mood to search and feel Chinese New Year fever. After visiting Singapore's Chinatown, I went to KL's Chinatown, Petaling Street (PS)...but it's a real disappointment. Nothing much to see...only have lantern hang around the place, that's all...of cos the same old things, they sell cookies, Chinese New Year decorations and clothes and pussy willows..


See all this nice cute girlie CNY costume (how I wish I have a girl and I can buy one)...


Another reason for me to visit PS is to walk down the memory lane...during my university days I used to go there quite often...I'll go there and buy the "old man" 's pineapple tart, drink the mata kucing drink, eat mua chee or buy "sei ngan chye" 's duck wrap...

But am quite disappointed cos I can't find my favourite pineapple tart, no mua chee and no duck wrap...even the mata kucing drink is no longer serve in the metal bowl...no kick...I MISS THOSE GOOD OLD DAYS....

The only consoling things is that I get to eat good Asam Laksa, Curry Laksa, Dried Lo See Fun and Kangkong Cuttlefish. Wow all this food is good and SHIOK!!! The Asam Laksa really give you the KICK, the Curry Laksa has some "treasure" which you can't really find in Singapore....Dried Pork Skin!!! The Dried Lo See Fun was very good, why can't I find such nice dark sauce/kon lor noddle in Singapore.





There is also this apam balik (mian chang kueh)...looks nice and yummy but I was too full to try it...



Given me another change I'll still go back to PS again to find all those things that I can't find...there's more good food to explore in PS...spend more time there when an empty stomach....YOU WILL NOT REGRET!!!!






No comments: