Monday 15 September 2008


"LOU KAI"

Don't know how to call this in Mandarin or English, only know that it's known as "lou kai" in Cantonese.

This suppose to be my mother's signature dish but it is rather complicated. All thanks to my sister in law, nice food can be cook in simple way. Now I can easily ask Mary to cook for me and don't have to wait till I go back to Kuantan to enjoy this dish!

Simple ingredients :
Ingredient A:-
Shallots
Garlic
Ginger
Salted bean sauce
Preserved beancurd (those red colour type - in cantonese called Nam Yu)

Others:-
Chicken
Gula Melaka
Water
Oil

Method:
1) Blend ingredient A into paste. (add the bean sauce and beancurd later cos it's easier to blend).
2) Heat up the oil, cook ingredient A till you can smell the fragrance.
3) Put whole chicken in and try to mix the paste with the chicken
4) Add in water. When it's boiling, can add in gula melaka.
5) Put under low fire and slowly cook the chicken and till the sauce quite dry up.
6) Once cooked cut the chicken into pieces and pour the sauce over it.
I must admit Mary is a good cook, all I need to do is to prepare the ingredients as how much to put in, give her theory lesson (haha means I talk only), she will go the practical and END RESULT = GOOD!
My hb likes it very much and all of us agreed that it is YUMMY!
P/s : sorry no nice presentation...forgot about it cos my mind just thinking of trying the dish nia!

No comments: